TRALA announced its Industry Scholarship Program recipients
The Truck Renting and Leasing Association (TRALA) has announced this year’s scholarship recipients of its Industry Scholarship Program. The program awards four scholarships to TRALA-member company employees or their children, to pursue vocational training as maintenance technicians.
Each student receives up to $5,000 in scholarships over two years, if they maintain a minimum grade point average in their vocational education and training.
This year’s recipients are:
- Johnny Gizzar, member company Utility Trailer Manufacturing Company in Clearfield, Utah.
- Zachary Gabris, member company Hogan Truck Leasing in St. Louis, Mo.
- Kelly Holredge, member company Kenworth Sales Company in Idaho Falls, Idaho.
- Jeremy Lyda, member company Aim NaionaLease in Girard, Ohio.
To be eligible for the scholarships, applicants must:
- Be employees of TRALA member companies in North America, or dependents/children of full-time employees of TRALA member companies in North America.
- Be pursuing a course of study related to the truck transportation industry at an accredited two-year vocational program. Examples include, but are not limited to, Heavy Duty Truck Technology, Diesel Technology, Industrial Mechanics and Medium/Heavy Vehicle Technology.
To apply for the next year’s scholarship program, please visit here.
TRALA is a voluntary, non-profit national trade association founded in 1978 to serve as a unified and focused voice for the truck renting and leasing industry. TRALA’s mission is to foster a positive legislative and regulatory climate within which companies engaged in leasing and renting vehicles and trailers, as well as related businesses, can compete without discrimination in the North American marketplace.
This mission is pursued by a full-time staff of professionals headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia.